Historic Downtown Franklin, TN
Franklin on the 4th is an annual 4th of July Patriotic Celebration produced by TN Events for the Franklin Lions Club. Its purposes are to celebrate the 4th of July, showcase high quality superb musical entertainment, acquaint the public with the restored downtown square, and raise money for The Franklin Lions Club. The event begins at 10 a.m. and ends at 8:00 p.m..
This year the area will open early and be filled with music, homemade crafts, and food vendors.
2022 Will be similar as 2021 below:
2021 Timeline for Franklin on the Fourth
4:00 a.m. Street Closure
7:00 a.m. Some Food Vendors arrive
8:00 a.m. More Food Vendors arrive
9:00 a.m. Craft Vendor's, Ice Truck
9:30 a.m. Antique Cars begin to arrive
10:30 a.m. Everything is set, all unnecessary vehicles should be off the streets
11:00 a.m. Festival Opens,
Noon - 1st Group Performs.
1:30 p.m. 2nd Group Performs.
3:00 p.m. 3rd Group Performs.
4:15 p.m. 4th Group Performs
4:45 p.m. Begin line-up for the Children's parade around the square
5:00 p.m. Children's parade begins with the Dixieland band.
5:15 p.m. Dixieland Band on the Stage
6:00p.m. Speeches, Recognitions, Presenting of Colors, Pledge of Allegiance, Star Spangled Banner
6:30 p.m. The Featured Band of the Evening Performs
8:00 p.m. Festival Ends
8:31 p.m. Clean up and tear down begin
11:00 p.m. Clean up and tear down finish
11:30 p.m. Streets open
All applicants must fill out the application form below.
Note: Payment must be received before acceptance is complete, unless you've participated 3 years.
1. There are no refunds once fees are paid unless the event is cancelled. Vendor agrees to pay the specified booth rental fee of $150 for a 10x10 space or $250 for a 10x20 space. When you have been notified of your acceptance, please pay online or submit one check for all fees; not including the $100 cleaning deposit for food vendors Out of fairness to the selected food vendors, we limit the amount of vendors selling the same or similar products. All fees and positioning will be handled on a first come first served basis. Placement is also based on your electrical needs. All checks should be made payable to: "Franklin on the Fourth" or "TN Events" and mailed to:
P.O. Box 140835
Nashville, TN 37214
Please make sure your business name and event is included with the check.
2. Returning vendors will have priority until May 1st, 2022, at which time all vendors will be considered on a first come first served basis and product.
3. Food Vendors agree to submit a certificate of insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000 (one million dollars) insurance liability coverage and listing: TN Events, The City of Franklin, & The Franklin Lions Club, as additional insured under their policy.
4. Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless: TN Events, The City of Franklin, The Lions Club, against any claim or action for any cause. Vendor agrees that they will be responsible for their own insurance under this hold harmless clause, which is made a part of this contract.
5. Vendor will submit a basic menu to include prices of items to be sold at this event. It is understood that booth spaces will not be allocated until menu and all other requested information is received.
6. Vendor understands that it is their responsibility to provide their booth, tent, trailer, etc. If utilizing a tent, application must include a copy of the Flame Spread Certificate and must meet the basic requirement of NFP 701. In addition, Vendor agrees to adhere to all Health and Fire Department regulations related to booth setup and proper food preparation and service. Vendor understands that the Health and/or Fire Department will close their operation and vendor will forfeit all fees paid under this agreement if standards are not adhered to.
7. Vendor understands that it is their responsibility to obtain a Propane Permit from the City Fire Marshall’s Office prior to setting up for the event if applicable.
8. Vendors will be allowed to sell soda but NOT WATER. Any other beverages will be approved on a case by case basis. Any violation of this policy will result in immediate termination of this contract and forfeiture of all paid fees.
9. Vendor understands that "Franklin on the 4th", "The Franklin Jazz Festival", & TN Events, names and logos are restricted trademarks. As such, any use of these is strictly prohibited without written consent from TN Events .
10. No smoking paraphernalia or any items deemed inappropriate or illegal by the State of Tennessee may be sold.
11. Tennessee State sales tax will be the sole responsibility of the vendor.
12. It is understood that submission of my application and menu does not guarantee a spot at this event. TN Events will notify vendor via email of their acceptance and approved menu. Although once you submit your application below you will be notified imediately that it has been received. After you have been notified of your acceptance, you will have 14 days to send in your fees, (unless you've been with us for 3 years or more or have made special accommadations.) Attempts to sell any other items not on the approval letter will result in termination of this agreement and the forfeiture of any and all fees paid.
13. Vendor understands that if a major sponsor is designated, then vendor (if possible) may be asked to use that named product.
14. Vendor understands that they will be fined a minimum of $500 for not disposing of waste properly in provided dumpsters and grease traps. Vendor understands that tree wells are not to be used as trash or waste receptacles.
15. Any violation of this agreement will permit the immediate termination of this agreement.
16. I understand that I am responsible for my employees and will ensure that their actions reflect favorably on the Franklin on the 4th Festival, The Franklin Jazz Festival, & The City of Franklin, the Lions Club and their board..
17. I understand that if I cancel my participation in this event, all monies I have paid will be forfeited except for the clean up deposit.
After accepted you will be directed back to the site to submit payment and reserve your site.
Please look at the map and pick out your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preference. We'll try to get you as close as possible.